Sunday, June 12, 2011

Overlooking the Obvious

Today is Red Rose Day! This one actually took some work to find, as my original holiday list was almost lost, and seemed like it had been dated wrong due to some technological thing that I am not meant to understand. However, I have fixed everything and you can stop crying.

Roses are one of, if not the, most desired flowers across the world. Why? Because according to public opinion they are pretty. Some might even argue that they are the prettiest. I don't know about that, but I do agree with them definitely having a special kind of beauty to them.

Roses, especially red roses, have a tendency to be the flower always, always, always used for romantic scenes of any sort in any fictional or non-fictional expressive medium. This can make the rose seem like a common flower with no real special meaning or aspect. It's been seen by you so much you almost forget that it is indeed very pretty. Well, you don't really forget. You know, but you know it so well that you almost don't even think about it. You might say "Well, a lily is the prettiest flower". To which I respond "What about a red rose?". You then say "Oh. Well, that hardly counts because of course it would win."

That's the best illustration I can come up with when I'm this hungry. I'm trying to say that it is such a powerful beauty that is so very exposed to us that it almost becomes commonplace. Of course it's beautiful. We can just overlook it sometimes because it's so apparent.

I hear explaining illustrations like that ruins the illustration itself, but this is my blog and I can do what I want. a;jfhpwhrkgivwutehbeothf

Thanks for reading!
~Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment