Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Becoming Oscar.

Today is Be Nasty Day. Today is a day to be... well... nasty. The word 'nasty' can mean many different things, though. the first thing I thought was to be mean to everyone, and I'm sure that's what most of you thought, too. However, the first definition of 'nasty' in my handy dandy macbook dictionary is "Highly unpleasant, especially to the senses; physically nauseating". Now, I don't know about you, but there are very few people I have seen in my life that have physically nauseated me. I've met people that I thought were disgusting in a few ways, sure, but to actually be at the point of debating whether or not I could hold in an urge to throw up while in their presence? That's a rarity.

Of course, the dictionary also defines it in the way we would think normally. "Behaving in an unpleasant or spiteful way". Ah, there we go. We have all been around someone being this kind of nasty, and we have all been this kind of nasty. This kind of nasty is easier to pull off as well, because there are many different actions that various people will view as nasty.

Not I recommend going all-out in your celebration of this Holiday, but if one were to choose to do so, I would recommend following the second definition. It's not only easier, it's most likely healthier in the short-run. If this holiday were year-long, I'd recommend the second. I've contractually obligated myself to celebrate each holiday "To the best that my current circumstances allow", however. So I will be doing my best to be nasty all day. Luckily, I have the internet, which makes it just oh-so-much easier to be nasty towards others. As for being disgusting... uh... I just... won't... shower? ... It's just a day after all.

Thanks for reading!
~Kyle

P.S. I do not approve of internet bullying.

No comments:

Post a Comment