Friday, September 2, 2011

Detated Capa

Today is National Beheading Day! While I couldn't find any reason as to why today was a holiday dedicated to decapitation, from what I know of what previous holidays I've celebrated, I'd accept the reason of "Why not?" with just as much readiness as I would an explanation from a professor of holidays. Which is a job that I think should exist.


There have been a lot of fairly famous beheadings throughout history. Most have been kings and queens, but there were plenty of not-so-well known ones as well. After all, it was a major, if not gruesome, form of execution back in the day.


Now since I don't own a guillotine (not even one of those miniature ones that cut cigars), I can't truly celebrate the meaning of today. Plus, there would have been a few legal issues to work out had I gone through with it. So, instead, I settled for simple eating gummy bears head first. Although, I suppose I could find a video game or two with some beheadings. Mostly zombie ones... does undead decapitation count?


Thanks for reading!
~Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment