Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oh, you know, nothing much.

Today is Old Stuff Day! At first I thought it would be celebrating actual old things that I had lying around my room, and while there is a lot of things lying around my room (I really need to clean), I wasn't sure if any could really be called "old". Luckily for me, that's NOT what today is about. A few quick google searches landed me a "How to celebrate Old Stuff Day". There, I found out that it was a day to acknowledge the common saying of "Nothing much, same old stuff" when someone is asked what's going on in their life or what they've been up to. Today is dedicated to actually finding out if there is literally nothing new at all in their lives at all, and if there isn't, to help them change that. It's also a day to do the same thing introspectively. Change up your daily routine somehow to make sure YOU don't answer a "What's up?" with "Eh. Same old, Same old."

That's actually what this whole holiday-a-day blog thing was meant to do for me. Last year was very routine and dissatisfying, so while looking for a way to make it a little more interesting, I found out that there is a holiday every day. Since all of the holidays are different, and it's daily, it worked just well enough for a person with my "Right now" mindset to want to get involved in. 24 hours of celebrating something, and then onto something else. It actually has changed up my daily routine, and thus far I feel safe in saying that this year will not be like the others. Both in this sense, and just a feeling that somethings gonna happen. So today, I will do the exact opposite of what I did last year: Go somewhere and have meaningful conversations with people.

Thanks for reading!
~Kyle

P.S. Incase you are wondering, last year's March 2nd was probably video games and college classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment