Saturday, October 15, 2011

Why the Change?

Today is White Cane Safety Day! It was recently renamed by Obama to be Blind Americans Equality Day, but that sounds much less cool. It also seems a wee bit cheesy to me. With White Cane Safety Day, it's a little mysterious and made me want to look into it more, because i didn't fully understand what it meant. When I found out what it meant, I thought it was awesome BECAUSE it didn't just spell out the holiday for you, and it didn't overtly call a group of people out. Blind Americans Equality Day just seems too obvious. Honestly, I wish they kept it at the original. Oh, well. Take today to be aware and possibly even research blindness. There are actually quite a few interesting facts out there.

Thanks for reading!
~Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment