Friday, May 20, 2011

'Enry 'Iggins

Today is Eliza Doolittle Day! When I saw this on my list, I KNEW it rang a bell, but googling the name didn't really help until I used the context of the day. Eliza Doolittle is Audrey Hepburn's character from the film "My Fair Lady" (Which you should go watch if you haven't ever seen it). There is a scene in this film in which Eliza becomes so enraged with her mentor that she sings a very catchy song about getting revenge on him, and in her fantasy, the king proclaims the 20th of May to be Eliza Doolittle Day.

The obvious way to celebrate this holiday, is to get revenge on your least favourite mentor practice english. Or you could eat a lot of chocolates and watch "My Fair Lady". Audrey would surely approve.

Thanks for reading!
~Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment