Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Humble Pursuit

January 4th is an odd duo of holidays: Trivia Day and Humiliation Day. Trivia Day may be the obvious one when it comes to "How does one celebrate?" Celebrate by bringing the obscure truths into your friends' and family's lives today! Tell them that Lou Gehrig was the first athlete on a Wheaties box. Tell them that pretzels were once hidden on easter instead of eggs. Tell them that Philedelphia Cream Cheese was created in 1872 by William Lawrence. Mine are all food related because I haven't eaten breakfast yet, but I think you catch my drift.

Humiliation Day, however, is completely different, and only related to Trivia Day if you often gloat and rub your Trivial Pursuit winnings in other people's face. It is a day to go to anyone you have humiliated and apologize to them. Yes, I know, it wasn't what I was expecting, either. Fair enough, though. I'm sure there are a few of those people in my life, as I'm sure there are yours. So take the time to say something to them today in order to get full credit for today.

No going halfsies on a two-holiday day.

Thanks for reading!
~Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment